Etape Connemara welcome new sponsor on board for 2016!
Janet’s Country Fayre is an award winning Irish Food company producing a range of relishes, chutneys, pasta sauces, ketchup, salsas, pestos, vinaigrettes, marinades. The company was set up in 2007 and is based at the foothills of the Wicklow mountains, in Kilcoole, County Wicklow – the county otherwise known as the Garden of Ireland.
All products are handmade in small batches using traditional recipes that symbolise all that is best in Irish artisan food production with taste, quality and goodness being at the heart of Janet’s Country Fayre. Only the very best ingredients are used in every jar and Irish ingredients are sourced, wherever possible.
Janet has shared some wholesome nutritous meals with us, give them a try while training this July!
Chickpea and courgette bruschetta
- 1 small tin of chickpeas – rinsed and drained
- 1 small fresh irish grown courgette – split down the middle and diced
- Janet’s Just Delicious Roast Red Pepper & Rosemary Pasta Sauce
- 2 panini – sliced in two and lightly toasted
- Fresh shavings of parmesan cheese
- A handful of fresh baby spinach leaves
- A little drizzle of olive oil
- Sweat the diced courgette in a little olive oil – al dente ( not soggy!)
- Then add in the drained chick peas and half a jar of pasta sauce, heat through.
- Toast the panini halves and then drizzle a little olive oil over the 4 halves.
- Pile on the chickpea and courgette sauce. Scatter over the fresh parmesan shavings. Serve with the fresh baby spinach leaves.
Simply delicious in 10 minutes !
More reciepes to follow in the coming weeks or checkout www.justdelicious.ie